Minutes for September 8, 2016
Date: September 8, 2016
Location: Conservation Employees Credit Union Auditorium, Jefferson City, MO
Time: 9:30 a.m.
1. Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 9:40 a.m. Phone issues
2. Welcome and Introductions
Missouri Spatial Data Information Service Tim Haithcoat—Present
USGS David Nail—Absent
OA ITSD GIS Tracy Schloss—Excused
SEMA Debbie Briedwell—Telephone
MoDOT Joe Carter—Present
OA ITSD Economic Development Colin Duewell—Present
OA Budget and Planning Matt Hesser—Absent
Missouri National Guard Wiley Howell—James Hammel Proxy
OA-ITSD Health and Senior Services Andy Hunter—Absent
Department of Conservation Tony Spicci, Past-chair—Present
Missouri Dep’t of Natural Resources Michael Weller—Telephone
Washington University in St. Louis Aaron Addison—Telephone
Sanborn Mapping Brad Arshat—Telephone
SEMO RPC Stan Balsman—Excused – Tim D Proxy
Wilson & Co. Eric Cenovich—Present
USDA-NRCS Marty Comstock—Telephone
Surdex Tim Donze, Treasurer— Present
US ACE St. Louis Michael Gawedzinski—Telephone
City of Columbia Matt Gerike—Telephone
Camden County Jennifer Gordon— Present
Northwest Missouri State University Ming-Chih Hung—Telephone
Cole County Melissa Johnson, Chair— Present
City of Lee Summit Steve Marsh—Telephone
Woolpert, Inc. Kent Park—Telephone
City of Jefferson Buster Schrage—Telephone
MoRAP Diane True—Telephone
City of Maryland Heights Andy Wagner—Telephone
Boone County Jason Warzinik—Present
MU Extension Shannon White— Present
St. Charles County
St. Charles County
MSDIS Tom Vought
St. Louis County Melisa McLean
Census Craig Best
3. Approval of Minutes September minutes available on the web site. Motion to approve from Shannon White, seconded by Joe Carter, approved by vote.
4. MGISAC Administration
4.1 Missouri OGI Report — Tracy Schloss
• Imagery ~75% complete
• Contract is moving forward
4.2 MSDIS report — Tim Haithcoat
1. MSDIS budget and ramifications: Questions as to whether the MSDIS is still State sponsored and whether or not it’s funding is still provided by the State.
2. Kansas City and is now operational and has been updated to the new ArcGIS server software v10.4.1.
3. We have moved to a single primary MSDIS. Planning for a series of meetings focused on reducing our HW/SW/Maintenance costs and a possibly less expensive back-up solution through working with UM System IT and its large disk storage procurement.
4. Major website redesign to cut down on duplication of information and improve logical grouping of pages
5. Tom Vought’s report out of the MAGIC Clearinghouse meeting (August 23-24) in Lawrence, KS.
Major Topics Discussed
1) State-of-the-MAGIC-States presentations -Emphasis on state historical imagery, LiDAR collection, benefits and problems of cloud storage, funding opportunities, public safety services/outreach, opportunities for collaboration between MAGIC states
2) USGS Presentation on National Map -Jim Langtry
3) Discussion on the state clearinghouses responsibility for data archiving
4) Discussion on the compatibility of current official MAGIC state boundary data
5) Upcoming US Census Bureau Requirements – Craig Best & Jim Castagneri
-2020 US Census
-Boundary and Annexation 2017 Survey starting in December 2016
-Geographic Support System
-2020 Local Update of Census Addresses kicking off early 2018
-Geographic Update Partnership Software
6) Secure Web Incoming Model
7) Amazon Web Services Presentation – Mark Korver, AWS Geospatial Lead
8) Next Clearinghouse Summit will be hosted by Missouri and be chaired by Tom Vought as the host state.
9) Teleconference on 02 Sept between MAGIC clearinghouses regarding assessment of current state boundary standards
MSDIS achievements for July 2016
1) Added new Adair County aerials to LGov Imagery Services.
Discussion regarding letters of support for MSDIS
4.3 Treasurer’s report — Tim Donze
Previous balance $33,448.51
Income None $0.00
Expense Custom Meeting Planners $1,148.51
Ending balance $32,000.01
10% Deposit for Custom Meeting Planners 2017 Conference
4.4 Membership report — Tony Spicci
4.5 By-laws — Joe Carter
Potential future enhancements: electronic voting, uncontested votes and quorum
5. Project Updates/Action Items
6. Committee Reports
6.1 Data Development — Jason Warzinik
Imagery (Tim/Tony): Eastern Imagery QAQC is underway and is currently at 70% – if interested in volunteering, contact Arnold or Tracy. STL also has QAQC underway and is currently 80% and MARC is 60% reviewed.
NAIP is 96% flown with the south central quadrant remaining.
The 2017 3DEP (LiDAR Cost Share) BAA is released.
New USGS Geospatial Liaison to Missouri David Nail from Indianapolis, IN
NG-911 (Buster): There will be a Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement (PEIS) to evaluate the potential environmental impacts of a proposed nationwide public safety broadband network. There is more information at http://www.firstnet.gov/about/peis/. There is a public meeting scheduled for the Central Region at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Jefferson City 422 Monroe Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101 on September 13, 2016 from 4-8pm. I plan to attend to inquire about the status.
Also for those who would like to read up in more detail about what NextGen 911 is and how GIS will be integrated into the NextGen 911 system. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B495c1z3YfX8QS1XNnBZYWtObTQ/view?usp=sharing describes in detail the plan for the integration.
Address database up to 1.2M. Hoping to find the contact for addressing in KC.
MSD & Maryland Heights potential LiDAR project next year for the St. Louis region.
KC region is considering LiDAR in 2017 or 2018.
6.2 Education — Shannon White
Geography awareness week theme this year is Parks
Contact Shannon about use of giant map, especially for GIS Day
Higher Ed list serve is up and running, universities working together on common
AP Geospatial Course in GIS AAG is taking lead
Working on next “big map”
6.3 Emergency Preparedness — Debbie Briedwell
6.4 Local Government — Melissa Johnson
No Report, St. Charles County engaging
6.5 Marketing and Communications — Jason Warzinik
Mostly membership list updates and conference support
6.6 Missouri GIS Conference — Steve Marsh and Melissa Johnson
Need someone for Workshops
Mark Duewell offers to be Social Coordinator
Program planning has begun
6.7 Next Generation 911 — Buster Schrage
See Data Dev report
6.8 Outreach — Tim Haithcoat, Tim Donze
Planning for future regional meeting and metadata workshop
SEMO Symposium is the 21st of this month. ~45 signed up with capacity of 60.
6.9 Policy and Legislation — Aaron Addison
No significant progress with HB1956
Aaron now on policy board with other University GIS members
6.10 Service Recognition — Tim Donze
Working on recognition for David Drum
6.11 Strategic Planning — Matt Gerike
7. Liaison Reports
7.1 MAGIC Consortium — Steve Marsh
Consortium planning coming in a month, please provide thoughts and ideas
November will be kick off for 2018 MAGIC Conference, sites considered: KC & Omaha
7.2 National States Geographic Information Council — Tony Spicci
Conference is coming quickly, draft agenda coming out soon, 25th Anniversary
8. Cooperating Agency/Organization Reports
8.1 NRCS — Marty Comstock
8.2 USGS — David Nail
8.3 Missouri Resource Assessment Partnership — Diane True
8.4 Missouri Mappers Association — Melissa Johnson
Annual meeting went very well, in Jeff City again next year
8.5 Missouri Society of Professional Surveyors — Jon Cole
Conference end of October
9. Round table Discussion
Shannon – Mo Geo Alliance is checking out the large maps and has a calendar to manage the schedule
Joe Carter – Working on slides for SEMO Conference, *Road to Tomorrow ramping up, nominated for Governor’s technology award after helping FEMA
Mark Duewell – St. Charles County GIS Services Manager, County will be engaging
Conference meeting to follow
10. Next meeting: Thursday, October 13, 2016, 9:30 a.m., Conservation Employees Credit Union Auditorium, Jefferson City, MO
Meeting adjourned at 10:41a.m.