Date: June 11, 2015
Location: Conservation Employees' Credit Union Auditorium, Jefferson City, MO
Time: 9:30 a.m.
1. Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 9:34 a.m.
2. Welcome and Introductions
|Missouri Spatial Data Information Service||Mark Duewell—present|
|OA ITSD GIS||Paul Wright—teleconference||State|
|SEMA||Debbie Briedwell, Past-Chair—present|
|OA ITSD Economic Development||Colin Duewell—present|
|OA Budget and Planning||Matt Hesser—absent|
|Missouri National Guard||Wiley Howell—present|
|OA-ITSD Health and Senior Services||Tracy Schloss—present|
|Department of Conservation||Tony Spicci, Chair—excused|
|OA-ITSD Revenue||Beth Struempf—teleconference|
|Missouri Dep’t of Natural Resources||Michael Weller—present||Cooperating|
|Washington University in St. Louis||Aaron Addison—absent|
|Sanborn Mapping||Brad Arshat—teleconference|
|SEMO RPC||Stan Balsman—present|
|USDA-NRCS||Elizabeth Cook, Treasurer—present|
|MOREnet||David Drum, Secretary—present|
|US ACE St. Louis||Michael Gawedzinski—present|
|City of Columbia||Matt Gerike—excused|
|Camden County||Jennifer Gordon—present|
|Woolpert, Inc.||Rick Hammond—teleconference (proxy for Spicci)|
|Northwest Missouri State University||Ming-Chih Hung—excused|
|Cole County||Melissa Johnson, Chair-elect—present|
|City of Lee's Summit||Steve Marsh—teleconference|
|City of Jefferson||Greg Resz—teleconference|
|City of Maryland Heights||Andy Wagner—present|
|Boone County||Jason Warzinik—excused|
|MU Extension||Shannon White—present||Other Attendees|
|US Census Bureau||Craig Best (teleconference)|
|Pioneer Trails RPC||Yunnan Chen|
|Missouri State Highway Patrol||Cristian Dios|
|GeoVelo, LLC||Chris Dunn (teleconference)|
|Quantum Spatial||John D. Giovanni (teleconference)|
|Woolpert||Kent Park (teleconference)|
|Boone County||Heather Schafer (proxy for Jason Warzinik)|
|Custom Meeting Planners||Jamie Schieber (teleconference)|
|OGI||Arnold Williams (teleconference)|
3. Approval of Minutes
May minutes available on the web site. Motion to approve from White, seconded by Coook, approved by vote.
4. MGISAC Administration
4.1 Missouri OGI Report — Paul Wright
- Imagery QSI provided samples from the various flight dates for review. Some of the latter work will need to be re-flown.
OGI is beginning preparations for flying of the eastern half of the state. Approximately 46% of the state was flown by QSI. We have some organizations that provided initial monies for this next flight, which we are targeting to occur in November.
A PAQ would be developed and distributed to the 4 vendors, the same process for the earlier imagery collection.
The imagery contract is being renewed and has one more extension which will expire June 16, 2016.
- DSS – Medicaid Provider Search The Medicaid Provider Search project is to provide an interactive map search utility for Medicaid Recipients to find Medicaid Providers that meet their needs relevant to medical care type and proximity from recipient. This application will replace the existing provider web search application.
The estimated completion date is October 2015.
- DMH – State Epidemiology & Outcomes Workgroup (SEOW) We are participating in the project related to the DMH SEOW project. OGI is providing oversight and Quality Assurance for the ESRI mapping component working with the vendor, RKV.
Estimated completion date is September 2015.
- DHSS – Public Health Issue Management System (PHIMS) Rose is the vendor and OGI is providing oversight for the mapping portion. The Rose contractor whom they asked to work on the GIS tasks has been in touch with ESRI to get some assistance on the mapping.
There is no production timeline as yet as they are still in the specification development phase.
- DPS/SEMA OGI continues to provide training for local emergency managers in ArcGIS Online.
We also received a note from Jack Dangermond, ESRI, for feedback provided by OGI staff related to the AGOL model/licensing and how it is being used in MO.
4.2 MSDIS report — Mark Duewell
- MSDIS Servers: The backup web server (the new MSDISWeb-TC-s – “s” designation is for secondary) is nearly ready for prime time. A test last week revealed an issue with FTP – all other apps, web services and web pages passed with flying colors.
- All MSDIS web servers have up-to-date Clip & Download geodatabases loaded for the first time in several years.
- The 2007-2009 2’ Imagery into the GeoPortal: Austin Gauthier finished this project prior to his leaving MSDIS service to depart for Jordan on his work study program. The MSDIS GeoPortal’s new count of data sets available is now 2,814.
- Jason Hinsen reports that he is building a mosaic of the available LiDAR data sets and he believes this will address the issue of making the LiDAR data both available and current in “MOLiDAR”. Unfortunately this mosaic has been running a number of days.
4.3 Treasurer's report — Liz Cook
|Income||Missouri GIS Conference Proceeds||$22,619.02|
4.4 Membership report — Tony Spicci
4.5 By-laws — Tony Spicci
5. Project Updates/Action Items
5.1 2015-2017 Budget — Liz Cook
Attached is our current draft budget, including setting aside $10,000 as a buffer or contingency for the future. We are also setting aside the complete fee that Custom Meeting Planners (CMP) would charge for the Missouri GIS Conference in 2017. We would not expend this at all if we chose not to host a conference. If we began planning a conference and cancelled it due to poor sign-up, CMP would not charge the full amount. If we had a conference, but it was poorly attended, there would be some reduction in this fee because of fewer meals/lodging for CMP staff. If the conference was last-minute cancelled or heavily impacted due to an act of God, our insurance should cover losses. And, as in most cases, this amount is taken from the proceeds of the conference and we never really “spend” it. So in fact, we really have a set-aside of $24,000 in this 2-year budget.
As you can see, with all that is projected at this point, we would be at -$3,593.95 at the end of the two years which really does not represent a deficit due to the set-aside.
Extended discussion about whether or not to adjust budget to $0, the mechanics of the set-aside. Motion from White to approve the budget, reducing the set aside to balance at $0 with the set aside in a separate category. Seconded by Briedwell. No discussion. Approved by vote.
6. Committee Reports
6.1 Data Development — Liz Cook
Teleconference held on 6/1. Topics included FY15-16 LiDAR contract. Cook will lead a consortium proposal for the BAA. Contracting mechanisms could go through a couple Federal agencies and the area covered could be expanded if the BAA is awarded to us. Will put best foot forward. Imagery for east side of state beginning to be discussed. Schafer: letter also being drafted to be sent to local governments seeking partnerships. Assessors meeting in September or October. Further discussion about how to reach decision makers. Schafer: mid-Missouri flight proceeding as planned.
6.2 NG911 Addressing — Steve Marsh
6.3 Local Government — Melissa Johnson
Gerike working on turning survey results into a report.
6.4 Education — Shannon White
GeoTech will probably be canceled this year due to low enrollment. May hold a two-day professional development for adult educators instead.
6.5 Outreach — Colin Duewell, Tim Donze
Workshop in south central Missouri in August or September. West Plains, probably MSU. Small shop GIS motif. What can GIS do for utilities.
6.6 Marketing and Communications — Jason Warzinik
Group worked on budget. Looking at refreshing the conference booth materials.
6.7 Policy and Legislation — Tony Spicci
Need a new chair.
6.8 Strategic Planning — Matt Gerike
6.9 Missouri GIS Conference — Mark Duewell
Need a new chair.
7. Liaison Reports
7.1 MAGIC Consortium — Tony Spicci
7.2 National States Geographic Information Council — Tony Spicci
Haithcoat: meeting in Kansas City in the fall.
8. Cooperating Agency/Organization Reports
8.1 NRCS — Liz Cook
Will be putting funding into a LiDAR acquisition.
8.2 USGS — Shelley Silch
A USGS Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) meeting was held at the MO NRCS office in Columbia on June 3rd to discuss the 3DEP program and potential partnership opportunities for lidar acquisition. Federal, State, County and local particants attended the meeting.
There will be a USGS Hydrography Requirements and Benefits Study (HRBS) workshop the first week in July in Jefferson City at the MO DNR building. The HRBS is a two-step information collection process that includes an online questionnaire (already completed) that is now going to be followed by a workshop to refine and consolidate agency responses.
8.3 Missouri Resource Assessment Partnership — Diane True
8.4 Missouri Mappers Association — Melissa Johnson
Reminder: conference July 28-31 at Country Club Resort and Spa $120. All details on the web site, missourimappers.org
9. Round table Discussion
Balsman: GIS Symposium Sept. 16 in the planning stages.
White: MGA institute the week of July 6. Human geography, paying hotel, breakfast, lunch. $200 discount for Missouri teachers.
Johnson: Cole county plat book is done and on the web site.
Schafer: We have a plat book too!
Dios: Testing real-time mapping GIS processes. Vehicle tracking, call response. Streaming services instead of map services in 10.3.
Cook: Does anyone have an assessors mailing list? Schafer: we might. Donze: think there is a spreadsheet online.
10. Next meeting: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 9:30 a.m., Conservation Employees' Credit Union Auditorium, Jefferson City, MO
10. Next meeting: Thursday, August 13, 2015, 9:30 a.m., Conservation Employees' Credit Union Auditorium, Jefferson City, MO
Meeting adjourned at 11:08.