Runge Nature Center Forestry Room
9:00 11:00 a.m.
1. Call to order
2. Reading of the minutes / Approval of the minutes
3. MSDIS Activities
- Addressing Standard
- Metadata Standard
- Other Standards
5. MAGIC information and update
6. SMAC position paper and letter
7. GIS-CIT crosswalk
8. GIS Education effort
9. Pending GIS Legislation
10. Nominations for the next committee
11. Open Discussion
Members Present : Jo Ann Shaw, Jeff Davis, Darryl Williams, Glen Barber, Jeff Falter, Mark Duewell, Liz Cook
Guests : Lesley Beardon, Daniel Witter, James Roberts
Meeting called to order: 9:05 a.m.
Minutes: Tim Haithcoat was absent and no previous meeting minutes were distributed.
Standards – Metadata Standard
The committee met and developed a draft. Lesley Beardon helped with the draft. She discussed the draft with the committee and the draft is available for committee review. In discussion some comments were aired.
- It was pointed out that a raster data component was added. Is it necessary? Lesley suggests that Section 1 and 2 of the raster data should be moved to a different section. It should be included, but not in the abstract.
- Points of contact may be different, make sure to note that and have appropriate documentation
- The committee is to review Missouri Mandatory fields.
- Lineage section, the mandatory if applicable is confusing. Suggest making it mandatory.
- Row count, Column count
- Darryl suggests that we make a template of the recommended field. One each for vector, and raster. Committee concurs. Lesley will make template.
- Committee has one month to review; comments by next meeting. Jo Ann to forward a digital copy.
Standards – Addressing Standard
Fast tracked to a certain extent. Bill Perkins and Mike Benzen would like a presentation to the Information Technology Planning Board at the April meeting. Advancing the idea of a single master address file (non-proprietary), no names attached only physical structures, 2-3 FTEs to maintain, andMoDOTwas suggested as a possible maintenance group. Tony will ask Tim to send via email the position paper presented thus far.
MAGIC 2000: Ann Peton asked for a Missouri Keynote; Suggestions Addressing Standard, Joe Englin (DNR).
State Mapping Advisory Council (SMAC): Mike Benzen approved the Committees taking the lead on SMAC. Darryl Williams will set up a meeting at the USGS. Darryl also spoke with Jim Williams at DNR. DNR stated that they cannot take on the SMAC. SMAC will become a standing subcommittee of this group.
GIS-CIT Crosswalk: Tony provided an update. Committee was concerned about listing geography background as a requirement. Was this indeed added. Need further clarification.
GIS Education Effort: Tony passed the survey out to the Committee for comment. He mentioned that there will be Arc8 training for all at theMoTECApril 11-14.
Pending Legislation: Tony passed out two pieces of pending legislation. Senate Bill No. 1009 and Senate Bill No. 965
|Mark Duewell Health||Liz Cook NRCS|
|Jo Ann Shaw DNR||Jeff Davis Boone County|
|Fred Young NRCS||Darryl Williams USGS|
|Gary Beahan Economic Development|
|Glenn Barber SEMA|
|Tony Spicci MDC|
Darryl suggested that OIT should send representation to the meeting.
Open Discussion: The MSDIS web site was brought up. It needs to be updated. Glenn Barber has been assigned to form a subcommittee to suggest improvements to the site.