Data Development Subcommittee Imagery Team MinutesJune 6, 2005

Ray Fox, Greg Resz, Stan Balsam, Jeff Schloss, Arnold Williams, Nathan Mattox were in attendance. Steve Gay, Liz Cook, and Pam Franke were not available for this meeting.

Imagery needs survey for local and regional governments approved, and will be conducted on-line. Plan to launch in August with responses back by end of September. Will contact MACOG technical liaisons in each Regional Planning Commission (RPC) prior to launching survey, as they will be organizing and assisting with responses from the governments in their RPC. Still looking for additional background information on digital orthoimagery to add as educational information for survey respondents.

No interest in contributing money for higher resolution NAIP imagery in 2005.

Actions:

  • Ray to look for educational material from USGS; Liz from NRCS; Jeff from State. Send findings to Nathan.
  • Ray to work with Mark Duewell, Doug Hermes, Stan Balsam on RPC technical contact list.
  • Stan to contact Doug on having the subcommittee meet with the MACOG technical contacts at their July or August meeting.
  • Nathan to get prototype on-line survey together.
  • Steve to share final RFI once it’s done and sent. Results expected around June 24.
  • Steve to draft letter intended for RPC/COG executive directors to request participation. This letter should include information about the RPC technical contacts (that we still need to establish) and a due date for completing the survey.

Next DDS meeting is tentatively scheduled for August 1. Ray Fox will provide more details to members as the date draws closer.

 

 

Comments are closed.