Missouri GIS Advisory Committee Minutes – July 12, 2007

Department of ConservationCredit Union Building-9:00 am

Call to Order

Called to order at 9:10 am

Welcome and Introduction of Members and Attendees

Ex-Officio Members

Tim Haithcoatpresent
Tony Spiccipresent

State Members

Debbie BriedwellVice-chairexcused
David Finchabsent
Bobbie Sue KoellingChairpresent (proxy for Beth Struempf)
Jeff Schlossexcused
Beth Struempfexcused
Mike Sutherlandpresent
Becky Veitpresent
Arnold Williamspresent

Cooperating Members

Elizabeth Cookpresent
David DrumSecretarypresent
Mike Duncanabsent
Ray Foxpresent
Dawn Hilderbrandabsent
Pam Kelrickpresent
Curtis Koonsabsent
Kevin Kuhlmannpresent
JimLaScalapresent
Steve Marshpresent
Gary Mookpresent
Greg Reszpresent
Ed Siegmundabsent
Kim Swisherabsent
Diane Truepresent

Other Attendees

Mark Allen, Lafayette County
Josie Bock, Springfield
Tim Bohn, Surdex
Colin Duewell, DHSS
Mark Duewell, MSDIS
Eric Foster,MoDOT
Renee Robinson, DNR (proxy for Jeff Schloss)
Jamie Schieber, Custom Meeting Planners
Ed Turner, Surdex

Approval of the Minutes

May minutes available on the web site. Motion to approve by Liz C, multiple seconds, approved by vote.

MGISAC Administration

Announcements/Executive Activity

No Report

By-laws

Current language and modification to 6.1 read. Motion by Kevin K, second by Ray F to approve changes. Friendly amendment from Steve M to streamine language from “Chair and Secretary” to “an Officer”. Motion passed by vote.

Nominations

Nominations are now open until July 29. A ballot will be sent out; please vote absentee if you cannot attend the August meeting.

State GIO ReportTony Spicci

Imagery for the State progressing well. Project Homeland (DHS/ESRI) envisioned to allow data to move back and forth during an event. Missouri is one of five pilot states. Contact Tim H if you are interested. Description of what is happening in other states by Tim H. Fifty States grant to be discussed in Strategic Planning report. GIS Day went very well, a lot of positive feedback. Spoke with around 20 legislators that day. Thanks to Surdex and ESRI for their support. Will begin work to schedule a date for next year. NSGIC dues have been sent in. Registration for NSGIC conference is open.MOGIS2009: Jamie: Tan-Tar-A, Four Seasons, Holiday Inn, Capitol Plaza. Tan-Tar-A is still the best option due to exhibit hall, though TTA has given away our space on Thursday. Could get two rooms half day in building A. Financially, Thursday workshops were very important in 07. Discussion. Motion from Jim L, second Kevin K to pursue a contract with Tan-Tar-A. Approved by vote.

Subcommittee Reports

Data DevelopmentRay Fox/Jeff Schloss

Met Tuesday, getting third white paper ready, map of covered areas. Lot of interest in buy-up options. Buy-up imagery QC will be the responsibility of the purchasers. Letter of intent deadline is July 20. Important layer identification progressing, determining stewardship. Meeting monthly following the HS meetings, Aug 7.

Funding & GrantsPam Kelrick

Fifty States grant moving forward. Resolving contracts with OA. Outreach, Strategic and Business Plan components. Working on a “Cookbook” forLGson How to Start a GIS.

Homeland Security/Emergency ManagementTim Haithcoat

Met Tuesday morning. Grant possibility from Leonard Wood Institute. HSAC meeting Aug 1, will probably decide what will be funded then. Statewide earthquake exercise June 19-21 comments from participants (Colin D, Jason E) “Successful response begins with a map”. See earthquake comments on HS portion of web site. Discussion. Training coming up for 300/400 level Incident Command System.

Local Government GroupSteve Marsh/Greg Resz

Have adopted an ordinance allowing licensing of data. Ran into a conflict with a requestor; met with AG staff.HB210would appear to preempt Sunshine Law. Discussion. MGISAC will not be participating in the Southwest Regional Geospatial Workshop at organizers’ request. Discussion. Although no vote was taken it was generally agreed that more effort needed to be made regarding communicating with the southwest region and local governments in general.

Outreach & EducationMark Duewell/David Drum/Jim LaScala

Southeast Regional Geospatial Workshop planned for Aug 30 in Cape Girardeau in the Osage Center. 9:30 am – 3:30 pm. Need speakers from health, geoweb apps presentations.

Strategic PlanningPam Kelrick

Draft annual report on the web site awaiting your input.

Liaison Reports

GIT Architecture (MAEA)Tim Haithcoat

Meeting Tuesday for all domain chairs, ITSD, Dan Ross to address drop-off of interest in MAEA.

Policy & LegislationTony Spicci

State not in session. FLAIR Act languising, needs companion bill in Senate.

MSDIS ActivitesMark Duewell

Q4 report is done; on the wiki, will be on MSDIS site soon. Kansas backup site up – still needs some links created. National Map backup is done. 2005 CAP closed out successfully.

Missouri GIS Conference

Already covered in GIO report.

MAGIC Symposium Committee

Call for Papers and Exhibitors has gone out.

Cooperating Agency/Organization Reports

Federal/NRCSLiz Cook

Funded for 10 additional rapid watershed assessments. May be able to combine leaf-off and leaf-on imagery. Do not have to go to Louisiana. Highly recommend Tuscany. Posting a virtual tour on Slowtrav.

Federal/USGSRay Fox

Rolla and Denver offices will remain open, still scoping functions. Reenergizing the National Map. Working to acquire new/better data.

MACOGEd Siegmund

No report.

MORAPDiane True

No report.

MMAJennifer Peterson

Jim L: MOMAPPERS conference is July 30-August 1

MSPSJohn Teale

No report.

NSGICTony Spicci

Annual conference registration open. Trying to get Imagery for the Nation fully funded.

Round Table Discussionall

Tim H: working with DESE, DED, MERIC on geospatial professions coding.
Tim B: have two posters ofIftSimagery.
Jim L: Should think about having MGISAC booth at MMA conference.
Mark D: Need something that draws people in.
Ray F: Could put outIftSwhite papers.
Mark Allen: what about getting on their agenda?
Mark D: We’re already on
Liz C: Want to talk to Mark Allen about LIDAR.
Pam K: David Shouse is in poor health, FYI
Tony S: [something] is fully funded.

Announcement of next meeting

August 9, 2007 @ Conservation Credit Union

Adjournment

Adjourned at 11:47 am

 

 

Comments are closed.