Date: April 14, 2016
Location: Conservation Employees' Credit Union Auditorium, Jefferson City, MO
Time: 9:30 a.m.
1. Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 9:34 a.m.
2. Welcome and Introductions
|Missouri Spatial Data Information Service||Mark Duewell—present|
|OA ITSD GIS||—vacant||State|
|SEMA||Debbie Briedwell, Past-Chair—excused|
|OA ITSD Economic Development||Colin Duewell—present|
|OA Budget and Planning||Matt Hesser—present|
|Missouri National Guard||Wiley Howell—excused|
|OA-ITSD Health and Senior Services||Tracy Schloss—present|
|Department of Conservation||Tony Spicci, Chair—excused|
|Missouri Dep’t of Natural Resources||Michael Weller—excused||Cooperating|
|Washington University in St. Louis||Aaron Addison—excused|
|Sanborn Mapping||Brad Arshat—telephone|
|SEMO RPC||Stan Balsman—telephone|
|Surdex||Tim Donze—present (proxy for Wagner)|
|MOREnet||David Drum, Secretary—present|
|US ACE St. Louis||Michael Gawedzinski—telephone|
|City of Columbia||Matt Gerike—excused|
|Camden County||Jennifer Gordon—present (proxy for Howell)|
|Northwest Missouri State University||Ming-Chih Hung—telephone|
|Cole County||Melissa Johnson, Chair-Elect—present|
|City of Lee's Summit||Steve Marsh—telephone|
|Woolpert, Inc.||Kent Park—absent|
|City of Jefferson||Buster Schrage—present|
|City of Maryland Heights||Andy Wagner—excused|
|Boone County||Jason Warzinik, Treasurer—telephone|
|MU Extension||Shannon White—present (proxy for Gerike)||Other Attendees|
|SEMA||Alexis Gieseker (proxy for Briedwell)|
3. Approval of Minutes
March minutes available on the web site. Motion to approve from White, seconded by Schloss, approved by vote.
4. MGISAC Administration
Rich Kliethermes introduced as acting CIO for state of Missouri. Tracy Schloss introduced as new Director of the Office of Geographic Information.
4.1 Missouri OGI Report — Arnold Williams
- Flights and image acquisition for the eastern half of the state are complete. Images are currently being populated into the SurCheck viewer, now online. You can see the preliminary imagery at: iserver5.surdex.net/SC_P2501204s0/Surcheck.asp
- The re-flight area in the western half is completed. All this imagery has been reviewed (by the Quantum Spatial) and they have completed the aerial triangulation (A/T). Quantum is working to get some spot shot samples to us.
4.2 MSDIS report — Mark Duewell
- MSDISWEB/Imagery Virtual Servers update – June 1st, 2016 is the target date for the relocation of the MSDIS MST (Rolla) servers to UMKC. A brief phone conference discussed potential impacts – beyond the certain amount of time that the servers would be down (estimated at a week) – there seemed to be few other obstacles. It is not as if we have much choice in the matter – all of the offsite UMC IT services are moving to UMKC. The powers that be have determined the location as the best for consolidating its off-site services.
- The GRC/MSDIS has physically moved to a permanent new location at Mizzou North (old Ellis Fischel facility next to US 70 and very near the USDA offices in the Parkade Center). The new location’s address is: 115 Business Loop 70 W, Rm. 119, Columbia, MO 65211-8380.
- Geoportal – Clip & Download – an increase in the number of files available in the Portal C&D from 2,859 to 2,862.
- The new imagery from the St. Louis consortium (East-West Gateway etc.) – is up – as is the imagery service.
- Latest Mid-MO Imagery Consortium data is up and available via an imagery service.
4.3 Treasurer's report — Jason Warzinik
|Expense||Retirement Cake for Liz Cook||$32.99|
Pending: Expense $119.40 – Dreamhost
Pending: Income $150.00 – Sale of old conference booth display
Budget ledger is done and will be sent out to the group
4.4 Membership report — Tony Spicci
Anticipating Buster Schrage officially being extended membership.
4.5 By-laws — Joe Carter
By-laws on the web site have been reviewed and certified as the correct and most recent version.
5. Project Updates/Action Items
5.1 GIS Tie to Citizen Science through Bioblitzes and the Use of iNaturalist — Shannon White
Shannon will be sending out links to handouts referenced but the live demo website she will be sharing is: iNaturalist.org
If you are interested in participating in a Bioblitz send your name, organization, possible date this summer, or even if you just want to help with some of the ones we have planned, send an email to email@example.com sparking interest.
6. Committee Reports
6.0 Service Recognition — Tim Donze
In the works
6.1 Data Development — Jason Warzinik
All of last year’s flight data has been accepted by USGS. Fourteen county flights are done. Ditto Arnold’s report. Will deliver hard drive of data to MSDIS tomorrow. Eastern side review app online; will crowdsource quality control.
6.2 Local Government — Melissa Johnson
6.3 Education — Shannon White
Thanks to everyone who volunteered at the Geography Bee. Giant map was a hit. GeoTech camp will be about drones. National Geographic has now decided they are going to buy a giant map for every state and some Missouri teachers will be trained on activities. Extended discussion about giant map possibilities.
6.4 Outreach — Tim Donze
Duewell: Metadata workshop in St. Charles county; facility secured, all day, normal format. Focused on metadata. Working to secure more metadata (and data). Focused on the new ISO standard. Free workshop. Second week in June.
6.5 Marketing and Communications — Jason Warzinik
Getting ready for booth at MAGIC Symposium. Save the date postcard for 2017 conference, also informational brochure.
6.6 Policy and Legislation — Aaron Addison
6.7 Strategic Planning — Matt Gerike
6.8 Missouri GIS Conference — Steve Marsh and Melissa Johnson
All conference chairs are in place; getting ready to do the work.
6.9 Emergency Preparedness — Debbie Briedwell
Geiseker: Final document from 2015 flooding has been released. Interested parties are free to request it.
7. Liaison Reports
7.1 MAGIC Consortium — Steve Marsh
Drum: please register if you haven’t; numbers are looking pretty good; hope to see you week after next.
7.2 National States Geographic Information Council — Tony Spicci
8. Cooperating Agency/Organization Reports
8.1 NRCS — Marty Comstock
Flight updates. Responded to a BAA priority request, prioritizing remaining 29 counties that do not have LiDAR data.
8.2 USGS — Shelley Silch
The USGS is preparing to release another Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for FY17. In preparation for the BAA, Federal Agency areas of interest (AOIs) have been requested for inclusion in SeaSketch. SeaSketch is a tool that enables partners to input their AOIs and hopefully form partnerships for Lidar acquisition. It has not been determined if or how informational meetings will be held this year. The Hydrography Requirements and Benefits Study (HRBS) preliminary results have been received from the USGS’ contractor. These results are expected to be finalized and a final report released later this year. This study/report is similar to what was done to develop the 3DEP program.
8.3 Missouri Resource Assessment Partnership — Diane True
Working with DNR on using LiDAR to identify sites to include in the inventory of dams.
8.4 Missouri Mappers Association — Melissa Johnson
Conference planning meeting later today. Conference will be in Jefferson City this year, August 9-12.
8.5 Missouri Society of Professional Surveyors — Jon Cole
Watching a couple bills that would affect surveying.
9. Round table Discussion
Duewell: short meeting immediately afterward to discuss LiDAR collection efforts.
Eckmann: Esri will have its Hands on Learning Lab at the MAGIC Symposium. Wednesday night of the Symposium, Esri will host a reception and a GeoDev meetup. Opportunities for beta testers, Drone2Map, Insights for ArcGIS
Geiseker: Briedwell attending a New Madrid earthquake preparation conference. First requests related to Zika have been received. Looking for additional members for the Emergency Preparedness committee.
Carter: Have enjoyed being on the Emergency Preparedness committee. Please slow down in work zones.
White: MU School of Business requested help integrating GIS into a class. Woo!
Drum: passing around a thank you card from Liz Cook.
Donze: Missouri is on the NAIP preliminary award list, including a 60cm resolution upgrade.
Gordon: Wiley Howell would like everyone to know that tomorrow is the last day to apply for
Schloss: contact information will not change. DHSS representation will change; working on that. Will have a Dep’t of Revenue position open as soon as it is retitled.
Gregg: representing CAP, strengthening coordination with users of aerial imagery, participating in emergency preparedness committee.
10. Next meeting: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 9:30 a.m., Conservation Employees' Credit Union Auditorium, Jefferson City, MO
Meeting adjourned at 11:34 a.m. by motion from White, seconded by Carter, approved by vote.