Date: May 12, 2016
Location: Conservation Employees' Credit Union Auditorium, Jefferson City, MO
Time: 9:30 a.m.
1. Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 9:3 a.m.
2. Welcome and Introductions
|Missouri Spatial Data Information Service||Mark Duewell—present|
|OA ITSD GIS||Tracy Schloss—telephone||State|
|SEMA||Debbie Briedwell, Past-Chair—present|
|OA ITSD Economic Development||Colin Duewell—present|
|OA Budget and Planning||Matt Hesser—present|
|Missouri National Guard||Wiley Howell—present|
|OA-ITSD Health and Senior Services||vacant—|
|Department of Conservation||Tony Spicci, Chair—present (proxy for Carter)|
|Missouri Dep’t of Natural Resources||Michael Weller—excused||Cooperating|
|Washington University in St. Louis||Aaron Addison—excused|
|Sanborn Mapping||Brad Arshat—telephone|
|SEMO RPC||Stan Balsman—telephone|
|MOREnet||David Drum, Secretary—present (proxy for White)|
|US ACE St. Louis||Michael Gawedzinski—telephone|
|City of Columbia||Matt Gerike—telephone|
|Camden County||Jennifer Gordon—present|
|Northwest Missouri State University||Ming-Chih Hung—telephone|
|Cole County||Melissa Johnson, Chair-Elect—excused|
|City of Lee's Summit||Steve Marsh—absent|
|Woolpert, Inc.||Kent Park—absent|
|City of Jefferson||Buster Schrage—present|
|City of Maryland Heights||Andy Wagner—absent|
|Boone County||Jason Warzinik, Treasurer—present|
|MU Extension||Shannon White—excused||Other Attendees|
|Census Bureau||Craig Best|
|Wilson & Company||Eric Cenovich|
|Latitude Geographics||Jason Close|
|Civil Air Patrol||Jim Gregg|
|Custom Meeting Planners||Jamie Schieber|
|St. Louis County||Lauren Voelker (telephone)|
|Washington University in St. Louis||Bill Winston (proxy for Addison)|
3. Approval of Minutes
April minutes available on the web site. Motion to approve from C. Duewell, seconded by Hesser, approved by vote.
4. MGISAC Administration
4.1 Missouri OGI Report — Tracy Schloss
- OGI is in the process of filling the 3 vacancies we have: 2 Analysts and 1 Specialist. These are in various stages in the HR workflow.
- We have a sample of the re-flight done for the western ½ and a thumb drive to share with MSDIS for people to review.
- The state lacks Adair County’s imagery acquisition to complete the eastern ½ of the state. OGI has been working with IT fiscal to determine whether there are funds to pay for this out of FY 2016, or if that purchase has to wait until FY 2017.
4.2 MSDIS report — Mark Duewell
- MSDISWEB/Imagery Virtual Servers update – DOIT has begged off on the planned June 1st, 2016 the target date for the relocation of the MSDIS MST (Rolla) servers to UMKC. This is due to a maintenance requirement they have had come up. The date will be reset, but will likely occur during the following week (June 6th-10th).
- The MSDIS Web and Imagery servers were rolled and the OS was imaged (copied to the MST servers). As a reminder, MSDIS is now housed at its new permanent location at Mizzou North (old Ellis Fischel facility next to US 70 and very near the USDA offices in the Parkade Center). The new location’s address is: 115 Business Loop 70 W, Rm. 119, Columbia, MO 65211-8380.
- Geoportal – Clip & Download – The number of files available in the Portal C&D has remained static at 2,862…
- Imagery – The 18 inch western Missouri DOQQs are up as a service. The final dump of the last of the LiDAR data Liz delivered to MSDIS will be complete (zipped) and shipped in the very near future to Wash U. updating the LiDAR data sets available via FTP.
- Several more imagery drives remain to be dumped and returned to their owners – they are – largely – smaller and more recently released areas (Wright County corrections comes to mind).
4.3 Treasurer's report — Jason Warzinik
Pending: Giant Mo Map storage supplies $138.60 – Lowe’s/Shannon
Also worked with Audrey to update the MU budget system with our 2016-2017 budget.
Boone County is buying the old booth display. The invoice has been sent and that is working its way through.
4.4 Membership report — Tony Spicci
Marty Comstock will temporarily attend for USDA-NRCS until Cook’s position is filled.
4.5 By-laws — Joe Carter
No report. Spicci working through elections and some election by-laws inconsistencies.
5. Project Updates/Action Items
6. Committee Reports
6.0 Service Recognition — Tim Donze
Handout distributed. Summary of handout. Motion from Drum to adopt service recognition handout. Seconded by Warzinik. Discussion, mostly about how to treat the handout, as an official document like the by-laws or strategic plan, or a working document of the committee. Motion passed by vote.
6.1 Data Development — Jason Warzinik
Chasing down past and hoped-for LiDAR projects to identify where there might be interest and need for a 3DEP proposal (St. Louis currently in the works). Now serving on the NSGIC 911 committee. Will be in DC next month for NGAC and HS parcel meetings. Question from Voelker about how to participate on committees. Continuing to work with Federal addressing tools; there have been updates which have interfered with getting work done. Donze: 0.5m NAIP (four-band) will be flown in Missouri. This will be the public domain product so no need for buy-up. Call for participation on committees from Spicci. Suggestion from Warzinik to have a web presentation from other states that are further along in implementing NG911. Concern expressed about having to change or abandon local implementations. Discussion about past efforts to coordinate 911 in the state.
6.2 Local Government — Melissa Johnson
Warzinik: working on wrapping up the previous survey and starting a new one.
6.3 Education — Shannon White
Will send links to Bioblitz sign up and a recording of a web presentation about Bioblitzes. Giant Missouri map was used Monday at Adair County R-3 schools. GeoTech Drone camp will not be canceled as at least 9 kids registered during early registration. If anyone wants to help with it in July email Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
6.4 Outreach — Tim Donze
Duewell: full-day workshop in St. Charles county building on the new ISO 9115 metadata standard in cooperation with MMA. Catered lunch. Capping at 28 attendees.
6.5 Marketing and Communications — Jason Warzinik
Web site is current to the best of my knowledge. Brochure and save-the-date for the 2017 Missouri GIS conference were available at MAGIC.
6.6 Policy and Legislation — Aaron Addison
Winston: need more people participating in the committee. Question from Drum about the letter commenting on HB1956. Spicci looked up the bill and it appears to be at a standstill. Session ends in two days.
6.7 Strategic Planning — Matt Gerike
Will work with Donze to incorporate Service Recognition committee into
6.8 Missouri GIS Conference — Steve Marsh and Melissa Johnson
6.9 Emergency Preparedness — Debbie Briedwell
Will send out a Doodle poll to find time to meet the week of the 23rd.
7. Liaison Reports
7.1 MAGIC Consortium — Steve Marsh
Spicci: recap of Symposium. Possibilities for 2018. Officer nominations currently open.
7.2 National States Geographic Information Council — Tony Spicci
- Changing its governance model to having an Executive Director. Selection process not yet complete but expect to have someone in place possibly in June, hopefully by July 1, certainly by the Annual conference in Indianapolis.
- Highly encourage attending annual conference. Imagery, LiDAR, NG911 will be primary topics. Registration will open in the next month or two.
- Digital coast expected to be in front of the full Senate soon. Large geospatial component.
- Geocomm/Addressing paper for the FCC.
- Position paper on web site discussing future efforts.
- HS summit on addressing and parcels, will be attended by Warzinik.
- ASPRS is working on an imagery catalog, available at EROS data center. Will send a link.
- FGDC executive committee meeting next week. Will report afterward.
8. Cooperating Agency/Organization Reports
8.1 NRCS — Marty Comstock
All MO-ARK project imagery has been delivered and will be converted into geodatabases. Arkansas confident they will get FEMA funding to complete the state, including counties bordering Missouri.
8.2 USGS — Shelley Silch
The Pre-proposal phase for the BAA process has been officially eliminated. Deadline May 31 to have federal areas of interest in Seasketch. The updated Seasketch Project Collector Tool available for public use will also be available May 31. Expecting BAA to be released July 25. There will be public webinar presentations. Proposals due October 3.
8.3 Missouri Resource Assessment Partnership — Diane True
8.4 Missouri Mappers Association — Melissa Johnson
8.5 Missouri Society of Professional Surveyors — Jon Cole
9. Round table Discussion
Eckmann: Esri has released standards-based activities called Geo-Inquiries. Related to Geomentoring. No ArcGIS Online subscription required. Go to the Esri web site and search. Earth Science, US History, Human Geography, and more. Currently about 30,000 page views per month; program is committed for at least two years.
Winston: Have heard from Addison that there was no general consensus on HB1956 and needs guidance. Spicci: probably no need to pursue.
Drum: Callaway County DEM carved on CNC router at Fulton High School.
Gordon: Have run into Esri bug 89623 with Trimble R1 units. Crashes ArcGIS. No workaround according to Esri.
Howell: hired intern, collecting data around the state. Hopefully upgrading GPS units to Trimble Geo 7s. Looking at implementing Trimble positions in workflow.
Briedwell: Using GeoForms and seeking other users to compare notes.
Spicci: NGAC has produced two transition documents related to geospatial in anticipation of administration changes. MDC putting together a UAS policy. Briedwell says the Corps of Engineers already has a policy. Spicci: hired new analyst, starting Monday. Bought LiDAR data from Woolpert, don’t have the computing power to process it. Discussion.
10. Next meeting: Thursday, June 9, 2016, 9:30 a.m., MDC Columbia Research Office, 3500 E Gans Rd, Columbia, MO
Meeting adjourned at 11:15 a.m.