Minutes for December 8, 2016

Date: December 8, 2016
Location: Conservation Central Office & Research Center, Columbia, MO
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Agenda 1. Call to Order Meeting called to order at 9:30 a.m.

2. Welcome and Introductions
Ex-officio
Missouri Spatial Data Information Service Tom Vogt— present
USGS David Nail—absent
OA ITSD GIS
OA ITSD GIS Tracy Schloss—excused
Arnold Williams – phone
State
SEMA Debbie Briedwell—excused
MoDOT Joe Carter—present
OA ITSD Economic Development Colin Duewell—phone
OA Budget and Planning Matt Hesser—phone
Missouri National Guard Wiley Howell—present
OA-ITSD Health and Senior Services
Department of Conservation Tony Spicci, Past-chair—present
OA-ITSD Revenue
Missouri Dep’t of Natural Resources Michael Weller—excused
Cooperating
Washington University in St. Louis Aaron Addison—absent
Sanborn Mapping Brad Arshat—phone
SEMO RPC Stan Balsman – phone
Wilson & Co. Eric Cenovich—present
USDA-NRCS Marty Comstock—phone – Tracy Wiggins
Surdex Tim Donze, Treasurer—present
US ACE St. Louis Michael Gawedzinski—excused
City of Columbia Matt Gerike—Taylor Bowen as proxy
Camden County Jennifer Gordon—present
Northwest Missouri State University Ming-Chih Hung—phone
Cole County Melissa Johnson, Chair—present
City of Lee Summit Steve Marsh—present
Woolpert, Inc. Kent Park—absent
City of Jefferson Buster Schrage—phone
MoRAP Diane True—present
City of Maryland Heights Andy Wagner—phone
Boone County Jason Warzinik—present
MU Extension
St. Charles County Shannon White—excused
Mark Duewell – present – Monica Balistreri

Other Attendees

ESRI Joe Eckman
St. Louis County Melisa McLean
MU Tim Haithcoat, Martin Wills
Custom Meeting Planners Jamie Schieber
Mo Hwy Patrol
Fugro
Consultant
Jeff Herzer
Les Bevin
Chris Dunn

3. Approval of Minutes November minutes available on the web site. Motion to approve from Marsh, seconded by Spicci, approved by vote

4. MGISAC Administration
4.1 Missouri OGI Report — Tracy Schloss
• Eastern Imagery final data delivered this week. The data will be delivered to MSDIS soon.
• Thanks to all the QC review volunteer
• New contract is still in discussion. Being moved from services to IT due to workload and they are handing it back to service contract group. Changes being made.
• Potential GIS services agreement into one of the State contracts.

4.2 MSDIS report — Tom Vogt
• Added 3 new layers, bedrock & drill areas
• Working with Wash U on an FTP connection
• Next month he will bring a LiDAR drive for transport to Wash U
• Moving NAIP and other to new partition. 4-5 TB free on primary partition with NAIP on its own partition
• New MDC LiDAR and Imagery data on its way to MSDIS
• Potential move to added onsite back up

4.3 Treasurer’s report — Tim Donze
Previous balance $31,351.21
Income None $ 0.00
Expense
Expense
Expense GIS Day Postage
Flowers (Schloss)
PC Supplies $ 66.12
$ 68.95
$ 120.26
Ending balance $31,095.88
Audrey is leaving December 12th

4.4 Membership report — Tony Spicci
• Jeff Herzer from Mo Hwy Patrol introduced himself and requested to join the group.

4.5 By-laws — Joe Carter
No report

5. Project Updates/Action Items
N/A

6. Committee Reports
6.1 Data Development — Jason Warzinik
• NRCS LiDAR has received all but 1 of the counties in this years project
• NRCS may have 2017 LiDAR funding. Potential funding partners should contact Marty Comstock at the MO NRCS marty.comstock@mo.usda.gov
• MSD LiDAR grant

6.2 Education — Shannon White
• At giant map training
• Working on grant funding

6.3 Emergency Preparedness — Debbie Briedwell
• MoDOT emergency manager / civil engineer position open

6.4 Local Government — Melissa Johnson
• Matt – Working on reviewing survey questions here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_JH-3XEJDTFJd3–B3FhjtzJIID6xxcHEgKdWgKPY1s/edit?usp=sharing.
• Melissa – Will meet soon, prior to conference.
• Mark Duewell – Interest in a regional local government meeting in the St. Charles region, but open to all. Might add to our Outreach Workshop list. Goal is to build consortiums similar to the Kirksville meeting a few years ago. Timing would be late spring. Will contact Mo Mappers also. Revive local gov’t cookbook or ROI analysis. Melissa will contact Carla about MMA sponsoring.

6.5 Marketing and Communications — Jason Warzinik
• Conference focus lately
• Reached out to developer of signage regarding donating and receiving updates at no charge. Seems more stable.
• Tim H – January opportunity to communicate to new lawmakers. Possibly produce an introduction to MGISAC / NSGIC / NGAC / Etc.

6.6 Missouri GIS Conference — Steve Marsh and Melissa Johnson
• Meeting after this meeting
• 21 registered, 8 vendor, not far off from last time
• Only a few workshop registrations also
• Still checking on ESRI learning lab. Should find out next week.
• Have about 12 solid abstracts, need another 12. City engine a potential topic.
• End of year marketing push to come.
• Keeping the socials simple with good food and drink is the focus

6.7 Next Generation 911 — Buster Schrage
No report

6.8 Outreach — Tim Haithcoat, Tim Donze
• Metadata workshop will be a focus in the coming months
• Will support St. Charles County GIS Symposium

6.9 Policy and Legislation — Aaron Addison
No report

6.10 Service Recognition — Tim Donze
No report

6.11 Strategic Planning — Matt Gerike
• Matt has some formatting to finish. He will have this done before the January meeting.
• Discussed the Service Recognition being documented in the bylaws vs the strategic plan. Joe will draft some language to add to the bylaws and the two other bylaw changes to be addressed.

7. Liaison Reports
7.1 MAGIC Consortium — Steve Marsh
• Next planning meeting in January in Omaha. Odds high that the conference will be in Omaha
• Struggle is finding the right venue. Rooms are the struggle with not enough attendees staying in the hotel. Need about 225 rooms.
• Need the hotel to honor the gov’t room rate like the Westin.
• Many of the venues are booked solid.
• Hoping new Governor will lift out of State travel ban.

7.2 National States Geographic Information Council — Tony Spicci
• Geospatial Data Act has sponsors on both sides of the isle.
• Digital Coast has passed, which is a good sign.
• FGDC in the process of formulating new strategic plan. Showing interest in strengthening geospatial legal language.
• GIS Inventory is becoming a higher focus and continues to be developed. Plans to invite the GIS Inventory outreach representative engaged with a future MGISAC meeting.
• Transitioning membership management to Member Clicks.
• Mid-year conference is in February.

8. Cooperating Agency/Organization Reports
8.1 NRCS — Marty Comstock
• MO NRCS GIS position was posted and closed. Should know whom in January.

8.2 USGS — David Nail
No report
8.3 Missouri Resource Assessment Partnership — Diane True
• Just delivered second of three deliveries of high resolution land cover map to EW Gateway. Jenny Reiman is the data steward and data will probably go to MSDIS.

8.4 Missouri Mappers Association — Melissa Johnson
No report

8.5 Missouri Society of Professional Surveyors — Jon Cole
• It’s legislative season. Keep your eyes open.

9. Round table Discussion
• Carter – New MoDOT data coming to MSDIS.
• Spicci – Getting CWD results back and the posting. The mobile technologies worked in some cases but not in others based on some cashed imagery vs. not cashed.
• Duewell – St. Charles is putting up several new web and mobile services.
• Howell – Interviews today for Analyst position. A new rep will be here next month as Wiley will be deployed. An intern position is also being interview for.
• Gordon – Camden is getting back to normal. Replaced new IT contractor and a new company is cleaning things up. She is now housed in 911.
• Eckman – ArcGIS 10.5 being released next week. Documentation is online with what’s new in 10.5. Lots of changes. ArcGIS Server is becoming part of ArcGIS Enterprise. Series of seminars on the new release, locations TBD, but recordings will also be available online. Johnson – How about a presentation at MO GIS conference.
• Schrage – Attended Mo interoperability meeting. The FirstNet implementation will not happen next year. Buster will stay on top of it for the NextGen911 stuff.

10. Next meeting: Thursday, January 12, 2016, 9:30 a.m., Conservation Department Credit Union, Jefferson City, MO

Meeting adjourned at 11:05 a.m.

Comments are closed.