Minutes for April 12, 2018

Date: April 12, 2018
Location: MDC Central Office Conference Room, 3500 East Gans Rd, Columbia, MO
Time: 10:30 a.m.

Agenda

1. Call to Order Meeting called to order at 10:32 a.m.

2. Welcome and Introductions
Ex-officio
Missouri Spatial Data Information Service Tom Vought – present
USGS David Nail – present
OA ITSD GIS Tracy Schloss – telephone

State
SEMA Konrad Hughes – present
MoDOT Joe Carter — present
OA ITSD Economic Development Colin Duewell— present
OA Budget and Planning Matt Hesser— present
Missouri National Guard
Missouri National Guard Wiley Howell— present
Nick Young –
OA-ITSD Health and Senior Services Sruti Banerjee – telephone
Department of Conservation Tony Spicci – present, proxy for Park
OA-ITSD Revenue TBD
Missouri Dep’t of Natural Resources Michael Weller— excused
MSHP Jeff Herzer – absent

Cooperating
Washington University in St. Louis Bill Winston – telephone
Sanborn Mapping Brad Arshat— telephone
SEMO RPC Stan Balsman— present
Wilson & Co. Eric Cenovich— present
USDA-NRCS Marty Comstock –
USDA-NRCS Debra Boshert – telephone
Surdex Tim Donze, Treasurer— present
City of Columbia Taylor Bowen – present
Camden County Jennifer Bowden — present
Northwest Missouri State University Ming-Chih Hung — excused
Cole County Melissa Johnson — present
City of Lee Summit Steve Marsh— telephone
Woolpert, Inc. Kent Park— excused
City of Jefferson Buster Schrage— excused
MoRAP Diane True— absent
City of Maryland Heights Andy Wagner— telephone
Boone County Jason Warzinik, Chair— present
MU CARES
St. Charles County
MSPS
US ACE St. Louis
Moniteau County 911Addressing
Schneider Corporation Chris Barnett — excused
Mark Duewell – resigned
Jon Cole – present
Michael Gawedzinski – telephone
Cory Sullivan – absent
Stacey Priest – telephone

Other Attendees

Esri Joe Eckmann – telephone
Fugro
St. Louis County
St. Louis County
St. Louis County
Census
OA-ITSD-SEMA
SEMA Region 7
Columbia Career Center Les Bevin – telephone
Melisa McLean – telephone
Jeanne Jennings-Jimenez – telephone
Dawn Dotty – telephone
Craig Best – absent
Alexis Gieseker –
Jason Smith – telephone
Laura Estabrooks – present

3. Approval of Minutes: January minutes available on the web site.
Approved

4. MGISAC Administration
4.1 Missouri OGI Report — Tracy Schloss
o WWW is no longer the State prime contractor new contractor SHI and they are not an ESRI reseller
 If you need 3 bids in the future, ESRI can be one of the 3 vendors.
o Conversation regarding interest in State Ortho Update. Contract runs through 2019. No interested has been shown at this time, too soon. On-going follow-up will occur annually.
 Boone & Mid-MO in 2020. Current contract through 9/2020.
 Purchasing will limit contracts to single year with 3 potential renewals.
 Occasional acceptations per Joe Carter
o Not enough people are using the State Photogrammetric Contract so OA my not do it again
4.2 MSDIS Report
• Quarterly update has been sent to the listserve.
• Tracy has received inquiries about MSDIS data getting rearranged. Will the new formatting and organization be the new standard and will more things change?
o Imagery services will stay the same
o Vector data will not change but will be expanded with new data
o Downloads and FTP replacement will likely stay as is
• Ongoing discussion regarding getting partner funding to support MSDIS financially.
• MSDIS is looking at offering training to offset cost
• Motion to give a onetime $5,000 contribution to MSDIS as a symbolic token of support. Motion passes
4.3 Treasurer’s report — Tim Donze
Encumbered Expense: n/a
Previous balance $30,776.99
Income $ 0.00
Paid Expense: Dreamhost $119.40
Ending balance $30,657.59

4.4 Membership report — Tony Spicci
• New Members added – Konrad Hughes (SEMA) and Sruti Banerjee (HHS)
• Discussion regarding inactive members

4.5 By-laws — Joe Carter
• With the new strategic plan, Joe has highlighted a few language changes in the by-laws

5. Project Updates/Action Items
5.1 Nominations: No nominations to date, they close the end of this month
5.2 Conference Committee meeting after this meeting

6. Committee Reports
6.1 Data Development — Jason Warzinik
• Imagery acquisition is complete for MARC and the STL Regional Imagery Partners
6.2 Education — Chris Barnett
• Laura from Columbia would like to join the group
6.3 Emergency Preparedness — Unfilled Chair
• No Report
6.4 Local Government — Melissa Johnson
• RSOC meeting about address database development for the 13 central counties
• PSAP program starting to look at and receiving input about census blocks for 2020 and the PUMAs, tracks and block groups. Communicating through the COGs and RPCs. Invites in July with 1 month feedback timeline. Paperwork should be online and Matt will send to the listserve also
• LUCA workshop was good. There is a 20 minute recorded webinar online on GUPs
6.5 Marketing and Communications — Jason Warzinik
• Preparations for MAGIC to update the presentation and paperwork is complete
6.6 Missouri GIS Conference — Melissa Johnson and Jason Warzinik
• Meeting after this meeting is adjourned
6.7 Outreach — Buster Schrage / Tim Donze
• Colin organized a conference last Friday the 6th.
 Goals set to be completed prior to the MO GIS Conference:
 Support the SEMO GIS Symposium as in the past
 Plan a Metadata Workshop, likely to be held at Mizzou North with the help of Tom Vought
 Plan a Regional Workshop starting with a pole of the listserves looking for local interest to help coordinate the event
• Buster has volunteered as co-chair. Thanks Buster!
6.8 Policy and Legislation — Tony Spicci
• Bill in the works to mandating Dep of Revenue to map tax districts
6.9 Service Recognition — Tim Donze
• It is time to order a recognition plaque
6.10 Strategic Planning — Colin Duewell
• Coordinating strategic plan with bylaws

7. Liaison Reports
7.1 MAGIC Consortium — Steve Marsh
• 2019 Conference Registration is improving, but still room for growth. April 23-26. Tony is working on giveaway baskets
7.2 National States Geographic Information Council — Tony Spicci
• No report

8. Cooperating Agency/Organization Reports
8.1 NRCS — Debra
• No Report
8.2 USGS — David Nail
• Southern MO LiDAR: Atlantic has sent in pilot data, Quantum is progressing also
• 3DEP survey is coming after they get OMB approval
8.3 Missouri Resource Assessment Partnership — Diane True
• No Report
8.4 Missouri Mappers Association — Melissa Johnson
• No Report
8.5 Missouri Society of Professional Surveyors — Jon Cole
• No Report

9. Round table Discussion
• Columbia has a few positions open
• Colin presented at a local school recently for a career day. Colin will present at SEMO
• Dave Nail a couple of USGS jobs coming out for college grads. Will send to listserve
• GIST conference in Little Rock. Joe will send out some cool links that he learned about
• Laura has students interest in internships. Students have multiple years of GIS classes
• Jennifer hoping to consolidate county mappers into her group
• MSDIS appreciates the support from the group
• Jason will be starting a new job as the IT Division Director for the Boone County Fire District. May 4th will be his last day with the County. Plans to stay involved in the GIS world.
• Tracy says there might be an opportunity for IT interns from Laura’s group

10. Next meeting: May 10, 2018, 10:30 a.m., Credit Union Conference Room Jefferson City

Meeting adjourned at 11:55 a.m.

Comments are closed.